AIESEP is an international, non-governmental, non-profit, professional association which aims to promote high quality research worldwide in the areas of physical education, physical activity and sport pedagogy across the lifespan. AIESEP is multilingual, multicultural and comprises universities, colleges, institutions and individual members from across the globe.
The objectives of AIESEP are as follows:
– To promote and support scientific research in professional preparation and professional practice in physical education, physical activity and sport pedagogy across the lifespan.
– To organize scientific meetings and information dissemination mechanisms which facilitate the sharing of new knowledge with the international community.
– To endorse appropriate scientific meetings which further the aims of AIESEP.
– To promote cross-cultural research.
– To co-operate with international bodies to advocate for physical education, physical activity and sport pedagogy across the lifespan.
– To provide evidence-based advice to government and international institutions.
– To develop policies which ensure that AIESEP activities are relevant and of service to the members which comprise it.
The AIESEP Constitution can be viewed in the Members’ Downloads here.