The AIESEP Fellowship is an outstanding academic recognition, which is awarded to qualified scholars.
Purpose of the AIESEP Fellowship:
– To recognise scholarly excellence in research in physical education, physical activity and sport pedagogy across the lifespan.
– To recognise excellence in professional practice in physical education, physical activity and sport pedagogy across the lifespan.
– International recognition of academic and professional development.
– More than five high standard publications in the period after obtaining the doctoral degree to the time of application (e.g. in reviewed journals, online journals).
– Membership of AIESEP for at least three consecutive years prior to nomination for fellowship.
– Active participation in two international meetings of AIESEP within the past five years.
1. The candidate is suggested by two Fellows or Board Members of AIESEP. The Fellows or Board Members write letters of recommendation to the Secretary General.
2. After receiving the two letters of recommendation the Secretary General invites the candidate to forward his/her application comprising a current and complete CV.
3. The Fellowship Committee evaluates the application to ensure that the candidate meets all requirements. A majority of the Fellowship Committee must approve.
4. The final evaluation is the responsibility of the AIESEP Board.*
5. The Fellowship is awarded in the presence of the candidate.
In Special Cases:
The Board reserves the right to waive the requirements. The use of the waiver is restricted to truly exceptional applicants who have a distinguished record of contributions to the goals of AIESEP for more than ten years. The Board may also withdraw Fellow status based on ethical considerations. In both cases unanimity of the votes of the Board is necessary.
For a list of current AIESEP Fellows please click here
*Members of the Board of Directors are not eligible for consideration for the Fellowship Award while they are serving on the Board.