Award Announcement: AIESEP Developing Country Scholar Award
The AIESEP Developing Country Scholar Award is intended to support scholars from a developing country to attend an AIESEP conference in order to recognize their scholarly work and create stronger connections between AIESEP and developing countries. All Developing Country Scholars are encouraged to apply, preferably emerging scholars in the early stages of their careers. Eligibility is confined to academic faculty located in a Developing Country. The research to be presented at AIESEP should be grounded in Physical Education, Health Education, and Sport Pedagogy and the research presented should be conducted in a developing country.
Note: All researchers from developing countries, who meet the criteria, are encouraged to apply by February 7th, 2022.
Please send your abstract to Ben Dyson ([email protected]), Chair of the AIESEP Developing Country Award committee by email with all the specific information:
- Author/s name/s and email/s including who is the presenting author
- Abstract (<300 words)
- Format (in-person or online: oral and/or research symposium. The AIESEP 2022 conference has a hybrid format. This means you can present in-person or online.)
Applicants must submit the following documentation, via email, to Ben Dyson at: [email protected] no later than February 7th, 2022 .
- One-page description of intention for future involvement in AIESEP Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy research,
- Please name and describe why you would like to connect with any AIESEP Board members and/or international scholars that you would like to interact with to support your research,
- One-page description of your research study from a Developing Country, and
- Abstract submitted to AIESEP 2022 Conference Golden Coast, Australia.
(Website at: https://aiesep.org/).
- Letter of recommendation from a senior researcher or an AIESEP member in good standing.
Those receiving the AIESEP Developing Country Scholar Award will be obligated to
(a) deliver a presentation (oral or poster) at the given AIESEP Conference and
(b) participate in the events scheduled for the AIESEP Developing Country Scholar Award at the given conference.
Developing Country Scholar Awards will be awarded for the 2022 AIESEP International Hybrid Conference hosted on June 15-18, 2022. The award includes that the winners will be waived the membership and registration fee by the AIESEP board.
Developing Country Scholar Award Committee (2022)
Ben Dyson (Chair, New Zealand and USA), Uwe Pühse (Switzerland), Chin-wei-Chang (Taiwan), Deniz Hünük (Turkey), and Cheryl Walter (South Africa).
For questions please email the Developing Country Scholar Award Committee at:
Ben Dyson [email protected]
Previous Developing Country Scholar Award Recipients
AIESEP 2019 – Luiza Goncalves (Brazil)
AIESEP 2021 – Honorary Developing Country Scholar Award Recipients:
- Berkcan Boz (Turkey)
- Donny Wira Yudha Kusuma (Indonesia)
- Lara Paul (South Africa)
- Teneille Venter (South Africa)
- Anggit Wicaksono (Indonesia)