The intent of the award is to support a scholar from a developing country to attend the upcoming AIESEP conference/congress.
The AIESEP Developing Country Scholar Award is a new award established by AIESEP in 2018 by AIESEP. The intent of the award is to support a scholar from a developing country to attend an AIESEP conference in order to recognize their scholarly work and create stronger connections with AIESEP and developing countries. Eligibility is confined to faculty located in a developing country. The research to be presented at AIESEP should be grounded in Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy and be situated within a developing country. All researchers from developing countries are encouraged to apply by March 1st, 2021.
All researchers from developing countries are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit the following documentation, via email, to Ben Dyson at: [email protected] no later than March 1st, 2021.
Please note, the deadline for abstract submission for AIESEP 2021 is Feb 15th. ABSTRACT DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MARCH 1st!
- One-page description of intention for future involvement in AIESEP Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy research,
- Please name and describe why you would like to connect with any AIESEP Board members and/or international scholars that you would like to interact with to support your research,
- One-page description of your research study from a Developing Country, and
- Copy of abstract submitted to AIESEP 2021 Conference Canada (Website at: https://sites.google.com/ualberta.ca/aiesep2021/home )
- A letter of recommendation from a senior researcher or an AIESEP member in good standing (scanned).
Those receiving the AIESEP Developing Country Scholar Award will be obligated to
(a) deliver a presentation (oral or poster) at the given AIESEP Congress/Conference and
(b) participate in any events scheduled for AIESEP Developing Country Scholar Award at the given Congress/Conference.
Four Developing Country Scholar Award will be awarded for the 2021 AIESEP International conference hosted virtually (live & on-demand) on June 7-10, 2021.
The AIESEP will waive the award recipients’ 2021 AIESEP membership and registration fee.
Developing Country Scholar Award Committee (2021):
Ben Dyson (chair, New Zealand and USA), Uwe Pühse (Switzerland), Chin-wei-Chang (Taiwan), Deniz Hünük (Turkey), and Cheryl Walter (South Africa).