Award Announcement: AIESEP Developing Country Scholar Award
The AIESEP Developing Country Scholar Award is intended to support scholars from a developing country to attend an AIESEP conference in order to recognize their scholarly work and create stronger connections between AIESEP and developing countries.
The 2024 AIESEP congress will be organized in Jyväskylä, Finland. All Developing Country Scholars are may to apply, preferably emerging scholars in the early stages of their careers.
Eligibility is confined to academic faculty located in a Developing Country. The research to be presented at AIESEP should be grounded in Physical Education, Health Education, and Sport Pedagogy and the research presented should be conducted in a developing country.
Note: Researchers from developing countries, who meet the criteria, are encouraged to apply by October 31st, 2023.
Please send your abstract to Joao Martins and Arja Sääkslahti (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com). Members of the AIESEP Developing Country Award committee by email with all the specific information:
- Author/s name/s and email/s including who is the presenting author
- Abstract (following abstract instructions from congress page jyu.fi/aiesep2024)
- Format (oral and/or research symposium. The AIESEP 2024 conference is in-person. This means you must present in-person)
- One-page description of intention for future involvement in AIESEP Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy research,
- Please name and describe why you would like to connect with any AIESEP Board members and/or international scholars that you would like to interact with to support your research,
- One-page description of your research study from a Developing Country, and
- Abstract submitted to AIESEP 2024 Conference Jyväskylä, Finland.
- Letter of recommendation from a senior researcher or an AIESEP member in good standing.
Those receiving the AIESEP Developing Country Scholar Award will be responsible for
(a) delivering a presentation (oral or poster) at the given AIESEP Conference and
(b) participating in the events scheduled for the AIESEP Developing Country Scholar Award at the given conference.
Developing Country Scholar Awards will be awarded for the 2024 AIESEP Conference hosted on May 14th -17th, 2024. The award includes that the winners will be waived the membership and registration fee by the AIESEP board.
Developing Country Scholar Award Committee (2024):
Joao Martins, Arja Sääkslahti, Carla Vidoni and Tristan Wallhead.
Previous Developing Country Scholar Award Recipients
- Luiza Goncalves (Brazil)
- Özlem Alagül (Turkey); Céu Baptista (East Timor); Marcos Godoi (Brazil); Chante’ Johannes (South Africa)
AIESEP 2021 – Honorary Developing Country Scholar Award Recipients:
- Berkcan Boz (Turkey)
- Donny Wira Yudha Kusuma (Indonesia)
- Lara Paul (South Africa)
- Teneille Venter (South Africa)
- Anggit Wicaksono (Indonesia)
- Tasleem Arif (Pakistan)
- Luiz Gustavo Bottanatto Rufino (Brazil)
- Vitor Costa (Brazil)