Organiser: University of Jyväskylä. Commemoration of the centennial of the introduction of physical education teacher training at the University.
Chairperson: R. Telama.
Theme: Research in school physical education
- Teacher and pupil characteristics and their behavior in physical education classes;
- Measurement problems in studying the teaching of physical education;
- Qualitative aspects of school physical education;
- Effects and outcomes of school physical education;
- Development of physical abilities of school children;
- Aspects of and research on physical education teacher training.
Publication: Telama R., Varstala V., Tiainen J., Laakso L. & Haajanen T. «Research in School physical education». Jyväskylä: The foundation for promotion of physical culture and health.